The first 10 days of this blessed month of Dhul-Hijjah is upon us, Alhamdulillah. Our hearts and duas are with all our hujaaj as they undertake the holy pilgrimage of Hajj during these auspicious days Alhamdulillah.
“There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.” The people asked, “Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah?” He said, “Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah, except in the case of a man who went out, giving himself and his wealth up for the cause (of Allah), and came back with nothing.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari)The Prophet (SAW) has said regarding these blessed days
Our beloved Nabi Muhammad (SAW) was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah (the 9th of the month of Dhul Hijjah). He replied,
“It expiates the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.” (Muslim)
We are thankful to Allah that even though many of us are not able to undertake the blessed journey this year, we are still able to reap the blessings of this month Alhamdulillah.
Some of the ways to reap blessings during the 10 days of Dhul-Hijjah:
- Reciting the Quran abundantly
- Increase in sunnah prayers
- Increase in glorification and remembrance (Dhikr) of Allah
- Preserving the ties of kinship
- Making Istighfaar in abundance
- Fasting the first 9 days and especially on the 9th day (day of Arafah)
- Offering the Qurbani (sacrifice of a livestock animal during Eid ul-Adha)
- Give as much as you can in charity
Jam ‘Eyyatul Qurra’ management and staff wish all our hujaaj a Hajj Maqbool and Mabroor. We ask of Allah (SWT) to accept all their pious duas, ibadah, sincere efforts and sacrifices and may we all be granted the opportunity to perform Hajj and Umrah at least once in our lifetime, Ameen.
“The Reward for an accepted Hajj is nothing less than paradise.”Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)