The Memorization of the Qur’an is central to the Jam’Eyyatul Qurra’ Primary curriculum. Every child will have the opportunity to learn to recite the Qur’an with Tajweed and to memorize the Qur’an, insha’Allah.
If a learner does not have the aptitude or the potential to do so, s/he will be allowed to complete the Qur’an without memorization but with proper Tajweed.
JEQ Primary School caters for mainstream Learners who will follow the National Curriculum with an Islamic Perspective. All knowledge comes from the Qur’an so every aspect of the curriculum will be taught but the information will be based on themes and lessons from the Qur’an. Islamic events will be used as themes throughout the year.
JEQ does not cater for learners with extreme special needs or with serious behavioural problems. However, standard interventions and some remedial that deal with barriers to learning will form part of the programme.
New students are required to write an entrance assessment, except those in grade 1. There will however be an orientation for grade 1’s.
At JEQ Primary School students are expected to:
- Complete and Memorize the Qur’an.
- Have a sound understanding of Islamic character
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Engage in critical thinking and problem solving procedures
- Master the basic language skills
- Be effective communicators
- Have proficient study habits
- Use technology effectively
- Have world awareness
- Have interpersonal skills
- Care about health, safety and the environment
- Care about humanity