Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities enhance the aims and objectives of an education system. These are vital for learners to develop in an environment where they have an opportunity to grow holistically.
• Physical Education is compulsory and will take place during school hours on a Thursday. A professional coach will not only assist in meeting the curriculum outcomes in terms of physical development but will also coach our learners in soccer and mini cricket amongst other codes of sport.
• Art is also compulsory on certain Friday mornings, as indicated on the year plan. Only term 1 dates for art are confirmed as the centre does not have a time table for terms 2-4 as yet. These lessons take place at the Frank Joubert Centre in Keurboom Road. As these lessons start at 8am and end at 12 noon, parents are requested to drop the learners at the centre and collect them there at 12 noon. Teachers will accompany learners to the centre, insha’A’llah.
Optional extra murals will be on a Tuesday afternoon from 14:30 to 15:30
• Karate: cost R280 per term (term 1-R240)
• Speech and Drama: cost not available
• Curious Cubs: R420 per term
The Physical education will cost R9250 for the 37 proposed lessons for the year 2015.
Art classes cost R25 per child per lesson. This includes the 4 hour lesson plus all materials required.
We try not to add additional costs for parents but at the same time we would like to offer our children the best opportunities. We will therefore raise the funds to pay for the physical education and the art through a special fundraising effort insha’Allah. More information will follow at parent meeting (see year plan).
1. We will raise the R9250 for the coach.
2. Parents will kindly pay the R25 per lesson only for the first term and the rest of the year’s art fees will be covered by the special fundraiser, insha’Allah.
3. Optional extra murals are to be paid for by parents.